Infection prevention and control is a key function of providing quality health care services. By employing robust infection control practices, you are ensuring the health and safety of both patients and staff in healthcare settings, and providing a safe and healthy working environment. Doctors, Nurses and allied health professionals play an important role in ensuring that their own safety and that of the patients / clients under their care is not compromised.
Infection Control addresses factors related to the spread of infections within the healthcare settings including prevention, monitoring/investigation, and management.
UniTeam Medical Assistance offers two levels of Infection Prevention and Control courses:
- Infection Control Fundamentals
- Infection Control Advanced
Infection Control Fundamentals
The Infection Control Fundamentals course is intended for nurses and other healthcare professionals looking for a high-level review of infection control practices. In this competency-based course, participants discuss:
- the principles of infection control and Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI);
- identify and discuss the links in the Chain of Infection;
- identify and discuss the elements of standard precautions;
- demonstrate the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); and
- describe the different decontamination methods.
This course is ideal for healthcare professionals looking to refresh their knowledge of infection control practices, or for junior clinicians seeking a practical approach to fundamental infection control practices in a clinical setting.
Infection Control Fundamentals is accredited for 6 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours by the Health Authority Abu Dhabi.
Infection Control Advanced
UniTeam’s Advanced Infection Control course is intended for designated healthcare professionals working as part of the infection control team, or for healthcare professionals looking for a deeper understanding of infection control and prevention (e.g. infection control link nurses). The course is suitable for any healthcare professional needing certified training for their employment or for regulatory requirements. Infection Control Advanced requires a basic knowledge of infection control, and is an ideal subsequent course to Infection Control Fundamentals.
The purpose of Infection Control Advanced is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to manage and maintain infection control strategies in an effective and efficient manner. In this course participants will:
- discuss trends and regulations in infection control, including regulatory and accreditation agencies and reportable diseases;
- identify and discuss issues related to infection, such as infection producing organisms;
- classifying infectious diseases and clinical manifestations of infections
- identify and discuss Multi Drug Resistance Organisms (MDROs);
- describe infection control strategies, including the infectious process, isolation precautions; and aseptic non-touch technique (ANTT); and
- discuss and explain issues related to Antibiotic Resistance.
Infection Control Advanced is accredited for 5.75 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours by the Health Authority Abu Dhabi.